This is my new favorite/best chocolate chip (vegan) cookies I have made since leaving behind dairy and eggs back in the barn. Chewy, chocolatey, and chunky, what more could you want in a cookie. I also think that I alone ate 75% of the cookies in two days…oops. This is also the first time I experimented with using earth balance vegan butter instead of oil and regular butter, as well as chickpea brine for an egg substitute…and I was very pleased with the texture.
Makes 12-14 small cookies
Deluxe Double Chocolate Cookies (adapted from Vegan Richa):
- 4 tablespoons earth balance
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (or you can use regular sugar)
- 3 tablespoons chickpea brine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (truly is a magical addition)
- 1/4 almond milk (or more, can also use other non-dairy milk)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix softened earth balance, sugar, chickpea brine, vanilla, maple syrup, and cinnamon in one bowl.
- Mix Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
- Alternate dry ingredients and almond milk into the first bowl (if too liquidy, you can add more flour, if too dry you can add more almond milk).
- Stir in chocolate chips! Chill dough for 15 minutes.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, making little balls with the dough, flattening them slightly. Bake for 10 minutes!